As every year, this year the oscars of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards will be handed out to outstanding companies, hotels and travel agents to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all sectors of the global travel and tourism industry.
As every year there are several awards for which Peruvian hotels have been nominated. To give you an idea of the Peruvian participants, I hereby will give you an overview of the most important awards and nominees for Peru.
- The Jorge Chavez airport in Lima is nominated again for being the best airport in South America, after having won this title in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- The Costa Del Sol Ramada Airport hotel in Lima has been nominated best airport hotel in South America, a title already won in 2009.
- Machu Picchu has been nominated again for being the best green destination in South America, an award they already took home in 2010 and 2011.
- Within the nominees for Leading South American Hotel, one can find the J.W. Marriot in Lima and the Rio Sagrado hotel in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Peru also holds two nominees for the 'Award of South America’ leading resorts'. These are the Tambo del Inka Resort in the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the Paracas Luxury Resort in Paracas.
- Furthermore Peru has the leading number of nominees for South America’s Luxury Trains; 2 out of the three nominations are for Peru; the Andean Explorer Train between Cusco and Puno and the Hiram Bingham Luxury Train to Machu Picchu.
- Finally we would also like to draw attention to a new Award; that of best Culinary destination. Peru has been nominated alongside most other South American countries but as Lima got recently elected to be the culinary capital of South America this should be an Award that Peru should already have in the bag with its amazing culinary culture and wealth.
So if you have a personal experience with any of the above nominees or have a bit of sympathy for Peru and you would like to weigh in on the voting, please visit;
If you liked this article and found it useful please share with others and click the like or send button below